5.15.2004

Today is: Really starting to piss me off.

Okay, I'm officially confused. Women say they want a guy to treat them like a person and not like a brainless sex object and yet when you try to be nice, sincere, and complimentary you get looked at like a bigger dick than the guy who treats women like trash.

EXHIBIT A: I go to Wing House to pick up and order of wings and fries for my family and when I get there, I walk in and am immediately overwhelmed by the sounds of guys whistling and hooting at the women employees like your standard brain-dead Neandertal.

I stand behind a biker couple, which I didn't have a problem with. Then one of the Wing House girls comes up, shows them to a table while 3 girls who work there and see me standing there waiting for service, walk right past me like I'm invisible. Two of them run almost right into me, the 3rd steps on my foot and keeps going like it was no big damn deal.

Anyway, I proceed to the bar to find out where to pick up the food, it being my 1st time picking up take-out from there. The 3 female bartenders completely ignore me after continued attempts to get their attention.

Meanwhile, behind me comes another WH girl who asks me, with a fake courteous/snotty tone, "Could you please move over out of the way, sweetie, so this gentleman could sit at the bar?" Just to clarify things there were 4 empty seats that this "gentleman" could sit in without me having to move one inch. Immediately after this, the "gentleman", who had to have been in his late fifties to early sixties and stinking of beer and cheap cologne proceeds to wrap himself around her like the snake that he is and say that he would be perfectly happy staying right there all night. She then proceeds to giggle like a little schoolgirl and say, "Yeah, and rub your ding a ling in my butt?" I move around to the side of the bar and hold back my vomit.

I finally manage to get someone's attention behind the bar, who then gives me a dirty look like I interrupted some extremely important and points to where I need to go to pick up the food, and I do with much joy. Yeah, that's sarcasm.

Needles to say, as I left, a line from a Denis Leary song ran through my mind: "...and as you're leaving, light the place on fire..."

So my question is: If there are women out there who want a decent guy with a brain who will respect them, where are the evil women like the ones at Wing House hiding them?

Deep thought for the day: To quote Stifler, from American Wedding: Fuck the Fuckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home